David Houchins is the Founder and President of OneHouston Financial, a general agency appointed with the companies of OneAmerica.
Passionate about coaching financial professionals and dedicated to helping all of the firm's clients to protect what matters most to them, David utilizes and teaches a personal economics-based financial process. He concentrates on transferring a consultative sales process, product knowledge and professional selling skills to his team while helping each professional become "known" in specific Houston-area markets through comprehensive business and marketing planning.
David began his career as a financial services professional in 1991 and has enjoyed several leadership positions with New York Life, AIG VALIC, Foresters and MassMutual in Houston and nationally during the past 30 years. He is recognized and quoted within the industry for his successes working with advisors on his team.
David has a BA and MBA from Baylor University and has been married to wife Leslie for 31 years. When not at work, David is rooting for Baylor sports and devoted to all the activities of their two busy children, Harrison, 23, and Hailey, 21.
Designations / Licenses
- FINRA Series 26, Investment Company & Variable Contracts Products Principal
- FINRA Series 24, General Securities Principal Exam
- FINRA Series 7, General Securities Representative
- FINRA Series 6, Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts
- FINRA Series 63, Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam
- General Lines Agent - Life Insurance, Accident, Health Insurance and HMO